Wednesday, October 9, 2013

In my Own Strength

This week has been a big 'ol ball of fail. I have had moments of failure as a mother, wife, youth pastor's wife, and child of God. 

These are all side effects of living life depending on my own abilities. It's amazing how often I attempt to do life on my own, even though I am so ill equipped. I stubbornly push forward attempting to do and be everything. 

My heavenly Father waits patiently as I stumble along. He offers peace and rest, but I must abide in him instead of depending on me. It's an issue of pride and control. My flesh tells me to go go go, reach the American dream, be all things to all people, and do it through your own ability. My Father whispers that He is the vine and I am the branch. I am to abide in Him. He gently reminds me that I can find rest for my soul because His yolk is easy and His burden is light. He lovingly tells me that I am not on my own. A Comforter has been sent to teach me all things and remind me of His Word. 

So tonight, for the billionth time, I seek forgiveness for my arrogant attempts at perfection. I come humbly before my Savior and sing, " My life Lord is Yours to control". I choose to cling to His promises and bask in His loving guidance. 

Tomorrow is a new day. I move past my week of failures, and I simply follow. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a Reader's Digest version of Joe Crane's life. For some reason it's a lesson too difficult for this old guy to learn. Love to you, Josh and the boys!

    ReplyDelete