Monday, November 4, 2013

Accountability Monday

Last Monday I posted about my new found determination to lose weight and get in shape. I worked out all week, ate right, and shunned sugary drinks. I was down two pounds and feeling invincible!

Then Friday came...followed by Saturday and Sunday. My determination became a slight inclination. Eating right was a minor concern, exercise was climbing the stairs, and sweet tea was guzzled. I didn't just fall off the wagon, I crashed it then lit it on fire and danced around it. The worst part is that I really don't feel that guilty. I'm a bit disappointed with myself and my lack of self control. I realize that I didn't even make it a full week and how pitiful that is. I guess I just haven't bottomed out yet. I haven't reached my point of desperation, and I'm not so sure I'm going to reach it before Thanksgiving or Christmas.

My amazing hubs did much better than I did. He had a pretty successful weekend, and I am quite proud of him. Maybe his success will be the catalyst I need. 

So dear friends, I asked last week that you hold me accountable ( and several of you really did try). Despite my weekend failure and current feeling of indifference , I do still want and need your accountability. Continue to show the tough love. Maybe with your help I'll put down the oreos for good. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up, start small. Small changes are easier to maintain. My husband uses an app called myfitnesspal, he has lost 50 lbs. since this spring.

    ReplyDelete