Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wallower

They say grief has different stages. I think any major life event will be accompanied by various stages of emotion. It is normal and healthy to walk through different feelings as we process and experience life. But, sometimes we get stuck in a particular stage of emotion. This is unhealthy and damaging to ourselves and the people around us.

I'll admit it. I am stuck. I know I am stuck... And I don't care. This is referred to as wallowing. I am wallowing, alot. And I'm good at it. My head knows that it is time to move on and begin to process things from a new perspective and through different emotions, but my heart feels justified. I feel I deserve this nice long wallow. 

So, I'm taking it. In response, just ignore me over the next few days. I am throwing an epic pity party, and do not wish to be disturbed. If you are looking to talk sense, please go else where. I don't want any. I just want to wallow. 

You see, I'm stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment